Kaprolac® is used for problems with dry and flaky skin and scalp. The products are based on the Kaprolac principle, which was developed by the Swedish dermatologist Dr Sven Moberg.
The Kaprolac® product series includes five non-prescription products, the first of which were launched in autumn 2010:
- Kaprolac® Scalp Solution – for treating dry, flaky scalp and dandruff
- Kaprolac® Dandruff Shampoo – for dandruff problems
- Kaprolac® Skin Care – for treating dry skin
- Kaprolac® Cuticle Care – for dry and split cuticles
- Kaprolac® Foot Care – for dry feet, cracked skin and problems with poor odour
Effect and safety have been demonstrated in several clinical trials on a total of over 400 patients. Kaprolac® has the following advantages:
- Clinically proven emollient and keratolytic effect
- Proven compounds with documented safety
- Biologically degradable substances, and free of preservatives
Dry skin is a common symptom - not least for patients with atopic eczema. The prevalence of atopic eczema in developed countries is 15-30% in children and 2-10% in adults.
Emtestam L, Svensson A, Rensfeldt K.
Treatment of seborrhoeic dermatitis of the scalp with a topical solution of urea, lactic acid, and propylene glycol (K301): results of two double-blind, randomised, placebo-controlled studies.
Mycoses. 2011 Oct 4.